toldailytopic: What types of things do you have for emergency preparedness? And what

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 4th, 2013 08:05 AM

toldailytopic: What types of things do you have for emergency preparedness? And what would be the most likely reason you might need such items.

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

not4sure

I have a full house natural gas generator. Has been great through a few hurricanes.

standby-generator.jpeg

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Earthquake's gonna get us. We're too low for a parachute and too high for a net.

I guess we're doomed. :noid:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: What types of things do you have for emergency preparedness? And what would be the most likely reason you might need such items.

In my car:
12-pack of bottled water
blanket
flashlight
cell phone
$50

In my house:
about 3 months worth of canned goods
6 24-packs of bottled water
about 25 candles
about 50 batteries of various sizes
flashlights
am/fm radio for local reports
weather radio
2 50-lb bags of dog food
1 20-lb bag of cat food

These are mostly my power outage supplies. I've had to use them before and will probably use them again. When the power goes out, I have to either cook in my fireplace (winter time) or in my firepit outside my back door (spring, summer, autumn).

The kit in my car is in case I have car problems and get stranded or if the weather is so bad that I have to stop for a while.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What types of things do you have for emergency preparedness?

The usual: a good book I've been meaning to get to, canned food, drinkable water is plentiful, though I have a filtering device, a bow and arrows, fishing equipment...but mostly I have a car I keep half filled with gas at all times. That would get me outside of any natural disaster zone if the roads are passable.

And what would be the most likely reason you might need such items.
Hurricanes, zombie apocalypses (I also have an ax). :think:

PureX

I wish we were a lot better prepared than we are, but it seems like life involves doing so much, already, that there's never any time or money to devote to emergency preparedness.

I would like to have a propane generator to power the well water pump and the (propane) furnace. Also some stored food, batteries, and kerosene (for lamps and a camp-stove). As long as the propane tank was full and we had food, we could last for a while off the grid.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What types of things do you have for emergency preparedness?

The usual: a good book I've been meaning to get to, canned food, drinkable water is plentiful, though I have a filtering device, a bow and arrows, fishing equipment...but mostly I have a car I keep half filled with gas at all times. That would get me outside of any natural disaster zone if the roads are passable.

Hurricanes, zombie apocalypses (I also have an ax). :think:

max1325589307-potlaccd-cover.jpg

IMJerusha

I'm kinda with Vegas on this one. Got Scripture. Got a horse. Got guns, ammo, knives and hatchet. Got flint. Got penicillin, alcohol, bandages and water filters for the spring nearby.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Earthquake's gonna get us. We're too low for a parachute and too high for a net.

I guess we're doomed. :noid:

I call first dibs on G's goods.

I have an M4 and an SKS with many many rounds. And stored water. And a couple of sharp knives with a stone. I should have more canned food.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Luke 12:22 And he said to his disciples: Therefore I say to you, be not solicitous for your life, what you shall eat; nor for your body, what you shall put on. [23] The life is more than the meat, and the body is more than the raiment. [24] Consider the ravens, for they sow not, neither do they reap, neither have they storehouse nor barn, and God feedeth them. How much are you more valuable than they? [25] And which of you, by taking thought, can add to his stature one cubit?

[26] If then ye be not able to do so much as the least thing, why are you solicitous for the rest? [27] Consider the lilies, how they grow: they labour not, neither do they spin. But I say to you, not even Solomon in all his glory was clothed like one of these. [28] Now if God clothe in this manner the grass that is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more you, O ye of little faith? [29] And seek not you what you shall eat, or what you shall drink: and be not lifted up on high. [30] For all these things do the nations of the world seek. But your Father knoweth that you have need of these things.

Letsargue

I have a full house natural gas generator. Has been great through a few hurricanes.

standby-generator.jpeg

Your neighbors will steal that the first week, like my son's neighbors did His, after the Storm in south Florida, 3 or 4 years ago!!

Paul -- 040813