toldailytopic: What vehicle would you put in your dream garage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sure it's the fastest production car in the world, but I don't see much potential beyond that. If the Forza gaming engine is anything to go by, it's really only good in the straights.

Sweet game...could use a Blizzard truck though. Maybe next time. :think:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
best+bike.jpg

:cool:

Now THAT is worth $375K. :thumb:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If I could actually afford to pick up an F355, I probably still wouldn't get it. That is a lot of money that could be spent on other things.

A C6 Z06, a Ford GT, F355, NSX, my Supra, and a Suburban.

Nick M asked me "Why not a Deuce Coupe?" Yes, I like the 1932 Ford Coupe, both 3 window and 5 window. But in the old car ranks the '40 Ford Coupe is first.

That means in my already built dream home I would have to eliminate the guest bedroom and reconfigure it into another garage . . . From which I hear coming from you know who's dream kitchen, "NO!"

That makes me think of the guy who would say, "Gee, I'm sure going to miss her."

Maybe a daily driver.

Last edited:

some other dude

Nick M asked me "Why not a Deuce Coupe?" Yes, I like the 1932 Ford Coupe, both 3 window and 5 window. But in the old car ranks the '40 Ford Coupe is first.

That means in my already built dream home I would have to eliminate the guest bedroom and reconfigure it into another garage . . . From which I hear coming from you know who's dream kitchen, "NO!"

That makes think of the guy who would say, "Gee, I'm sure going to miss her."

Maybe a daily driver.

If I can't have my Corsair, I'll take a custom '35 Buick Businessman's Coupe.

gsweet

If money was no issue, I've always lusted after a Ferrari 550 Barchetta. Seriously, I think this has got to be the prettiest front engine Ferrari in the last 30 or 40 years...

ferrari_550_barchetta_01.jpg

Do I have to pay for insurance though?

Selaphiel

bugatti_veyron.jpg

Bugatti Veyron with its measly 1001 horsepower and 253mph speed limit. Might be a slight problem with the mileage though :plain:

bybee

Wow!

Wow!

bugatti_veyron.jpg

Bugatti Veyron with its measly 1001 horsepower and 253mph speed limit. Might be a slight problem with the mileage though :plain:

That is a gorgeous car! Since I love speed I'd get into trouble for sure! Thanks for the picture. It's a feast for the eyes. bybee

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
My dream garage would have a lift, lots of tools and a fridge full of Guinness and Warsteiner. The vehicle in it would be what ever hot rod I'm building at the time.

And an M1A2 tank for my girlfriend.

gsweet

550? Why not a 360 or a F50?

As you can tell, I'm not that big on 550. The 360 Modena is my favorite.

Both the 360 and F50 are mid engine cars intended for a different purpose (i.e. track). The 550/575/599 etc are all front engine GT cars. To be honest, once you reach about 300 horses in a small, lightweight car, it just becomes downright scary (ask me how I know this). I'd never utilize something like an F50, and would just end up suffering through terrible road manners. But a GT car is happy middle ground in the spectrum of performance-comfort-pomp. The Barchetta is a gem in that arena, and visually it really maintains some of the traditional front engine Ferrari sculpting. Plus, only 499 were made. Ever. A sexy body and an Italian V12 don't hurt either...

Memento Mori

Both the 360 and F50 are mid engine cars intended for a different purpose (i.e. track).

We were discussing road cars? I thought this was dream cars. Not have a drive about town and pick up groceries kind of cars. I thought these were supposed to be cars that you washed and waxed every day while only letting them see sunlight on the rarest of occasions. (Even still, my dad says the 360 can fit in a more flexible sort, picking up groceries, driving to work, basic everyday use)

The 550/575/599 etc are all front engine GT cars.

It's just improper weight distribution if you ask me. Unless you're driving through snow (which you probably shouldn't be doing in a Ferrari), the front engine design just isn't the way to go. Hence my love the the Lotus.

To be honest, once you reach about 300 horses in a small, lightweight car, it just becomes downright scary (ask me how I know this).

You know, you could just tell me in the first post, Mr. Shyamalan.

I'd never utilize something like an F50, and would just end up suffering through terrible road manners.

Yeah but you'd be able to get away from those situations even faster!

But a GT car is happy middle ground in the spectrum of performance-comfort-pomp.

I suppose next you're going to tell me the California does look cool and the Panamera makes a great family car.

The Barchetta is a gem in that arena, and visually it really maintains some of the traditional front engine Ferrari sculpting. Plus, only 499 were made. Ever. A sexy body and an Italian V12 don't hurt either...

In my opinion, Ferrari's front engine designs don't have the draw of the mid-engine.

If you want to talk rarity, why not the Vector W8 which only ever produced 22.

Well, I disagree with the "sexy body." Any car that cases a front engine is gonna have trouble turning a sexy eye in my book. Mid-engine cars to me almost always look better. Even the Gumpert Apollo is amazing to me (plus it pulled the fastest lap on Top Gear).

But that Italian V12 definitely has the appeal. Even so, I'd prefer it to sit behind my rather than in front.

gsweet

We were discussing road cars? I thought this was dream cars. Not have a drive about town and pick up groceries kind of cars. I thought these were supposed to be cars that you washed and waxed every day while only letting them see sunlight on the rarest of occasions. (Even still, my dad says the 360 can fit in a more flexible sort, picking up groceries, driving to work, basic everyday use)

We're discussing dream cars I believe, and whatever "dream car" means to (the royal) you, we're discussing. If your dream car drives about town and picks up your kids at soccer practice automatically, we'll talk about it. And believe me, if I owned a 550 Barchetta I'd be having some troubles; never mind waxing it every day, I'd be trying to bring it into bed to cuddle.

The 550 and the 360 have a pretty similar cabin, so the whole "storage" thing is a moot point; they're both fabulously impractical cars for the price of a house.

It's just improper weight distribution if you ask me. Unless you're driving through snow (which you probably shouldn't be doing in a Ferrari), the front engine design just isn't the way to go. Hence my love the the Lotus.

Well, I don't suppose I can fault you: a mid engine layout is going to handle better than a front engine. That said, you're not going to be able to really detect any performance differences between say, a 360 and 550, unless you're pushing both towards their respective limits. I'm willing to bet that most here (including myself) don't have the driving ability to even come close to doing that.

To put it another way, my dream driving experience is not necessarily to rip my own limbs off with G-forces at a track (where a mid-engine car shines...a la F50), but to cruise along on a back road in somewhere at a comfortable clip, under sunny skies. With an attractive woman in the front seat next to me (obviously).

You know, you could just tell me in the first post, Mr. Shyamalan.

I've experienced a bevy of pretty ridiculously powerful vehicles. From older 911's to a high school friend's '66 GTO (with a bored over 454 dropped in it, mind you), to a family member's '94 Ferrari 348. Once you reach a certain power output in a smaller car, it becomes downright terrifying, especially in a rear-drive layout.

Yeah but you'd be able to get away from those situations even faster!

I don't think any amount of horsepower is going to get you away from your track-tuned suspension on a pothole-ridden road.:think:

I suppose next you're going to tell me the California does look cool and the Panamera makes a great family car.

Uh, yea. You don't find the California to be an amazing work of art?

In my opinion, Ferrari's front engine designs don't have the draw of the mid-engine.

I bolded the important part for you. Keep in mind that Ferrari's heritage is steeped in front engine V12's...and the 550 Barchetta has a pretty timeless design as far as I'm concerned.

If you want to talk rarity, why not the Vector W8 which only ever produced 22.

Because it is a Vector, and not a Ferrari. If you're priorities lie strictly with performance (and you're actually spending your own money), you probably wouldn't want a Ferrari. You can get similar speed/handling/etc from a car that costs a fraction of the black stallion on yellow. If you want rarity, you can buys something that some guy made 5 of in his garage 40 years ago. But a Ferrari is a pretty special beast, and a very low-volume production one is something that I drool over indeed.

Well, I disagree with the "sexy body." Any car that cases a front engine is gonna have trouble turning a sexy eye in my book. Mid-engine cars to me almost always look better. Even the Gumpert Apollo is amazing to me (plus it pulled the fastest lap on Top Gear).

I don't necessarily derive "sexy body" from performance (strictly), and I think it's clear that we have a disconnect here. A beautiful car is termed as such through a mixture of performance, heritage, pure superficial appearance, and a handful of other factors (smell, sound, feel, etc). Let's put it this way, from a strictly visual perspective, I find an early 1960's Ferrari Testarossa infinitely more appealing than just about any current offering.

But that Italian V12 definitely has the appeal. Even so, I'd prefer it to sit behind my rather than in front.

A '90s Testarossa would work for you then. Just out of curiosity, why a Modena and not a 430 or the new 458?

Status
Not open for further replies.