Why America Loves War

seehigh

no country has given more lives and money to protect this world from nazism, communism, and islamism

your pathetic thread is an insult to all those who gave there life for freedom which you don't understand or appreciate
Hate to give you a history lesson, but Soviet Russia lost far more men than all the other allies combined.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The last war on American soil was the Civil War, so citizens have developed a false sense of security that wars can be fought "at arms length" with a minimum of casualties and few disruptions or personal sacrifices!

Even American casualties in WW1 and WW2 were relatively light when compared to those of other nations.

Quincy

I don't think people love war, no one wants their child to die, no one wants to spend unfathomable amounts of resources, at least no one sane. There may be some glory hounds out there but we can't paint that onto everyone else. What people love is having a world that isn't boring to them. I think most people want a peaceful world but can't deal with the reality of that. If mankind becomes peaceful, if there are no evil republicans, crazy liberals, crooked car salesmen, satanic world powers, desert-dwelling blood thirsty scrubs, etc etc then what do you have? You go to work, come home, face the family and have real conversations about what's going on in everyone's life directly and you go watch Wheel of Fortune and wonder how the heck those two hosts haven't changed at all over the last 80 years :plain: . Most people don't want to arrive at the end of the day and face that, drama of an extreme nature is needed to give life meaning.

You know what I did yesterday? I changed my daughter's diapers, fed her and worked on my youtube channel. That was a great day. I wish everyday could be that, I don't want anything bad to happen and I'd prefer nothing occur that could change things, good or bad. I don't know why people are so addicted to drama and have to have that foreboding shadow over life but they do. You thinking the US is a warmongering, bloodthirsty nation of violence fits right into that. There is more good that goes on here than you give credit to.

To be frank, I think you're overdoing it, PureX. America isn't as blood thirsty as you think. War is an atrocity, a man-made disaster that happens when a group steps over the line and starts creating violence and chaos in the world. You might think the US is awash in war culture, but more times than not, we are the ones who stand up to instigators. From the nazis to ISIS, if none of these groups were to ever exist we wouldn't have as much war as we do. If we wanted, if we had the mindset groups like those do, with our military we could easily obliterate almost any other nation on earth. We would have done it long ago. We haven't though, so my advice is to carefully consider what is human nature and then direct your argument toward the real issue, mankind's inability to find meaning to life without drama.

Aimiel

no country has given more lives and money to protect this world from nazism, communism, and islamism

your pathetic thread is an insult to all those who gave there life for freedom which you don't understand or appreciate
Amen. :thumb:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

"Chrysostom" is indulging in a little "revisionist" history!

WW1 started in 1914, but America didn't enter until 1917, after the Zimmerman Telegram.

WW2 started in 1939, but the US didn't enter until the end of 1941 - after Japan and Gerrnany forced her in!

America didn't fight these wars to save the world - she had no choice!

WW1 - casualties as a % of population
Australia 1.38%
Canada 0.9%
India 0.02%
New Zealand 1.64%
Newfoundland 0.79%
South Africa 0.16%
United Kingdom (and Colonies) 2.2%
Belgium 1.95%
France 4.39%
Greece 3.67%
Italy 3.49%
Empire of Japan to 0.01%
Montenegro 2.67%
Portugal 1.49%
Romania 8.88%
Russian Empire 1.94% ]
Serbia 27.78%
United States 0.13%

Austria-Hungary 4.05%
Bulgaria 3.41%
German Empire 4.32%
Ottoman Empire 15.36%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I_casualties

WW2 - casualties as a % of population
Albania 2.81%
Australia 0.57%
Austria 5.7%
Belgium 0.05%
Brazil 0.02%
Bulgaria 0.38%
Burma (British) 1.69%
Canada 0.40%
China 3.86%
Czechoslovakia 3.15%
DenmarkL 0.08%
Dutch East Indies 5.76%
Estonia 4.44%
Ethiopia 0.6%
Finland 2.62%
France 1.35%
French Indochina 8.1%
Germany (within 1937 borders) 10.0%
Ethnic Germans from other nations 9.7 to 19.4%
Greece 11.2%
Hungary 6.35%
India (British) 0.68%
Italy 1.03%
Japan 4.37%
Korea (Japanese Colony) 2.06%
Latvia 11.78%
Lithuania (within 1939 borders) 14.33%
Malaya (British) 2.28%
Malta (British) 0.56%
Mongolia 0.04%
Netherlands 3.45%
Newfoundland (British) 0.03%
New Zealand 0.73%
Norway 0.32%
Papua and New Guinea (Australian) 1.17%
Philippines (U.S. Territory) 6.6%
Poland (within 1939 borders) 16.7%
Romania (within 1939 borders) 4.01%
South Africa 0.12%
Soviet Union (within 1939 borders) 14.2%
Thailand 0.04%
United Kingdom 0.94%
United States 0.32%
Yugoslavia 11.00%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Last edited:

bybee

WW1 started in 1814, but America didn't enter until it until 1917 and the Zimmerman Telegram

WW2 started in 1939, but the US didn't enter until the end of 1941 - after Japan and Gerrnany declared war!

America didn't fight these wars to save the world - she was forced in!

Speaking of blinders! You have lapped up all of the liberal, biased rhetoric which now leaves you bloated with partial truths and innuendoes.

quip

BANNED
Banned

WW1 started in 1914, but America didn't enter until it until 1917 and the Zimmerman Telegram

WW2 started in 1939, but the US didn't enter until the end of 1941 - after Japan and Gerrnany forced her in!

America didn't fight these wars to save the world - she had no choice!

I wouldn't call it revisionist history as much as spinning our role in the war in an exalted patriotic light. Not too uncommon a tactic.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Speaking of blinders! You have lapped up all of the liberal, biased rhetoric which now leaves you bloated with partial truths and innuendoes.
- blinders

- liberal, biased rhetoric

- bloated

- partial truths

- innuendoes

Perhaps "bybee" would care to deal in specifics!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Morpheus 7

PureX 6

quip 4

jgarden 3

seehigh

birds of a feather
I notice that "chrysostom," for obvious reasons, chooses not to challenge me on the facts!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
we should thank purex for this thread
never before has a thread shown clearly where some are coming from
these people
along with the feminists, the unionists, and the teachers are what is keeping the democratic party going

and most of the lawyers

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
we should thank purex for this thread
never before has a thread shown clearly where some are coming from
these people
along with the feminists, the unionists, and the teachers are what is keeping the democratic party going

and most of the lawyers
Matthew 5:43-48

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
They haven't heard of Matthew 5:43-48 in the Catholic Church?