You must be saved to believe the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I know what the verse says. It suppose to say that. I agree with the verse and it with me
Saying it doesn't make it so!

Do you simply refuse to make an actual argument or is it that you know there isn't an argument to make?

Which is it, B57? Are you lazy or a liar?

Nanja

Those not Born of the Spirit, are merely in the flesh.

Nothing they do pleases God.

Rom. 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

OZOS

Those not Born of the Spirit, are merely in the flesh.

Nothing they do pleases God.

Rom. 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
No one here has questioned that believers are "born of the Spirit", "born of God", "Made alive", indwelt by the Holy Spirit", "a new creation", etc.
They have simply shown you that your claim on how that happens is 100% untrue.

beloved57

No one here has questioned that believers are "born of the Spirit", "born of God", "Made alive", indwelt by the Holy Spirit", "a new creation", etc.
They have simply shown you that your claim on how that happens is 100% untrue.
So a lost person doesnt believe the Gospel !

beloved57

If someone believes the gospel, they are no longer an unbeliever.

Seriously, dude, you are the dumbest person alive. Congratulations.
The issue is, a lost person cant/doesnt believe the Gospel, but a saved person can and does.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I know what the verse says.

You clearly do not.

It suppose to say that.

It's supposed to say, "The calling is evidence of being in a saved state"?

It's supposed to say, "The ones who call on the name of the Lord in a way that pleases God, must already be in a Saved state"?

You're reading your beliefs into the text, not discerning your beliefs from it.

Who are you to tell us what the Bible is supposed to say?

Because:

The verse says whoever calls "Shall be saved."

It does not say: The calling is evidence of being in a saved state.
It does not say: The ones who call on the name of the Lord in a way that pleases God, must already be in a Saved state.

I agree with the verse and it with me

Yes I do!

No, you clearly do not, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The verse says whoever calls "Shall be saved."

It does not say: The calling is evidence of being in a saved state.

It does not say: The ones who call on the name of the Lord in a way that pleases God, must already be in a Saved state.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The issue is, a lost person can't believe

Where in scripture do you read that a lost person CANNOT believe?

Paul asks the following assuming that they can if they simply were to hear!

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!” - Romans 10:14-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans10:14-15&version=NKJV

[A lost person] doesn't believe the Gospel,

We agree.

but a saved person can and does.

No need for the word "can" here. It's redundant.

beloved57

Where in scripture do you read that a lost person CANNOT believe?

Paul asks the following assuming that they can if they simply were to hear!

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!” - Romans 10:14-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans10:14-15&version=NKJV

We agree.

No need for the word "can" here. It's redundant.
The Gospel is hid to them that are lost 2 Cor 4:3

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

Cant believe that which is hid to the lost !

beloved57

No, dummy, the issue is that an unbeliever has not believed the gospel and a believer has believed the gospel.
The Gospel is hid to the Lost, cant believe it if its hidden from you 2 Cor 4:3

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Gospel is hid to them that are lost 2 Cor 4:3

Cant believe that which is hid to the lost !

You missed a word:

"IF"

"IF our gospel be hid"

THEREFORE:

Preach the gospel, so that it is NO LONGER HIDDEN FROM THEM.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
I know what the verse says. It suppose to say that. I agree with the verse and it with me
Bottom line you don’t call you don’t get saved. You have deserted the context of the verse, which means you are deceived and also teaching a lie as a truth.

OZOS

The Gospel is hid to the Lost, cant believe it if its hidden from you 2 Cor 4:3

Okay, you little pervert, here ends the lesson. If you're not going to read the context and want to stay stupid, go right ahead.

"Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their (Israel's) heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away...

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them."

Paul spoke of this also in Romans...

"For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they (Israel) are beloved for the sake of the fathers."

The children of Israel rejected their Messiah and opted to trust in Moses (the Law). As a result, of rejecting Christ, and trusting in the Law, a veil continues over their heart. If they were to turn to the Lord (repent) then the veil is taken away. The children of Israel are "perishing" (lost) because they are rejecting Paul's gospel, having been blinded until the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled.

Last edited:

beloved57

You missed a word:

"IF"

"IF our gospel be hid"

THEREFORE:

Preach the gospel, so that it is NO LONGER HIDDEN FROM THEM.

I didnt miss it

beloved57

Okay, you little pervert, here ends the lesson. If you're not going to read the context and want to stay stupid, go right ahead.

"Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their (Israel's) heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away...

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them."

Paul spoke of this also in Romans...

"For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they (Israel) are beloved for the sake of the fathers."

The children of Israel rejected their Messiah and opted to trust in Moses (the Law). As a result, of rejecting Christ, and trusting in the Law, a veil continues over their heart. If they were to turn to the Lord (repent) then the veil is taken away. The children of Israel are "perishing" (lost) because they are rejecting Paul's gospel, having been blinded until the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled.
lol, you like the name calling dont you I would like to see you do that from behind the computer screen coward. However, the Gospel is hid to them that are lost, so if a person is in a lost state, the Gospel is hidden, and they believe not.

OZOS

lol, you like the name calling dont you I would like to see you do that from behind the computer screen coward.
Yes, I was taught name calling by Jesus.

I would do that to your face, if given that opportunity. Just tell me when and where.

However, the Gospel is hid to them that are lost, so if a person is in a lost state, the Gospel is hidden, and they believe not.
That's not what the Bible says, I just showed it to you, you retard. God's word, which you don't read or understand, clearly states that the "lost" are the children of Israel who do not believe, because of the veil over their heart.

Obviously, your pride takes precedence over your own family, who you are leading to hell with you. What an awful person you are to hate your family that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.