You must be saved to believe the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Nobody is born saved. Jesus told Nicodemus he needed to be born again. Did Nicodemus need to be born again before he could understand Jesus? Absolutely not. That nonsense is stupid.
The calling is evidence of being in a saved state.

Nanja

As always, you intentionally miss the point.

But did you think I'd fail to notice that you tacitly agreed with the statement?

Look in the mirror Nanja and learn what a fool looks like.

As usual it's you that missed the point. You will never understand spiritual things unless God grants it 2 Tim. 2:7.

beloved57

True. Nobody can be saved until God turns on the light which He has promised to do at some point for every sinner born into the world (John 1:9)

But those who reject the Light God clearly shows them and causes them to understand will be sent to hell without excuse (Romans 1:18-22.)
Its hid [the Gospel] while you are in a lost unregenerate state. Its hid to them which are Lost 2 Cor 4:3

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

marke

Answer the question.

Who is the book of James written to and why?

If you cannot answer that question, it means that you do not understand the scripture that was written and inspired of God to be used for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction, that believers may be made perfect in the knowledge of God.
James 4:11. "Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge." Who is the Book of James written to, and why? I assume it is written to you for doctrine, for instruction and for correction.

marke

New Birth is given by God to His Vessels of Mercy at some point in their lifetime as He has so determined; until then they are blind to the Spiritual things of God.
Of course. Jesus is the Light which enlightens every man born into the world (John 1:9). At such a time as God determines He turns the light on for sinners darkened by sin and promises that those who favorably respond to the Light will be given the "power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name." (John 1:12)

marke

Christians were born again before they believed, for a unregenrate lost person cant believe.
How did Calvinists end up being wrong about so many doctrines in the Bible? They first misunderstood one verse, built a doctrine around that misunderstanding, and then mistranslated scores of other verses in the Bible to force them to harmonize with their original erroneous interpretation of the first verse they misunderstood.

OZOS

A spiritually dead man, not born again, cannot hear the Gospel
God's word just said otherwise, but you hate God's word.

"In Christ ye also trusted after ye heard the word of truth, the Gospel of your salvation, in Whom also after ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise"

First... Heard the gospel
Then... Believed and trusted
Then... Sealed with the Holy Spirit

"So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Belief precedes being

"if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, a time is coming and even now has arrived, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live."

OZOS

Who is the Book of James written to, and why?
"James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings."

Not TO you, but FOR you to read about why James wrote it TO the twelve tribes (nation of Israel) scattered abroad.

OZOS

How did Calvinists end up being wrong about so many doctrines in the Bible?
Calvin foolishly based his entire theology on the false premise that men are saved by the death of Jesus.
Because of that, he logically had to conclude that Jesus could not have died for all men, but only for those He chose, otherwise all men would be saved. Universalists make the same error, which is why they claim that all men are saved.

Both cults fail to understand what salvation is, and so do most those who debate them, and on and on it goes.

marke

"James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings."

Not TO you, but FOR you to read about why James wrote it TO the twelve tribes (nation of Israel) scattered abroad.
The letter to the Ephesians was not written to me but to the Ephesians yet I take it as a personal message to me from God, just as I believe the Book of James is.

OZOS

The letter to the Ephesians was not written to me but to the Ephesians yet I take it as a personal message to me from God, just as I believe the Book of James is.
The letter to the Ephesians is written to Gentile believers. Again, you are conflating what you do not understand, and as stubborn as B57 when it comes to learning.

beloved57

How did Calvinists end up being wrong about so many doctrines in the Bible? They first misunderstood one verse, built a doctrine around that misunderstanding, and then mistranslated scores of other verses in the Bible to force them to harmonize with their original erroneous interpretation of the first verse they misunderstood.
I dont know what you talking about, read the OP again

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
James 4:11. "Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge." Who is the Book of James written to, and why? I assume it is written to you for doctrine, for instruction and for correction.
Why do you make unfounded assumptions (that are almost entirely false, by the way), when the author of the book tells you who he wrote his letter to?

Listen marke, you seem like a pretty good guy who loves God and has good intentions and so I don't want you to take this too personally. I'm really not trying to insult you at all but the fact is that you simply do not understand the bible. You understand a rough sketch of it that you learned from your pastor who, chances are, also doesn't understand the bible.

Your doctrine is full of pagan heresies that aren't in the bible at all and you seem almost entirely ignorant of the major divisions of scripture (i.e. II Timothy 2:15) that are necessary to prevent important doctrinal errors.

I strongly urge you to read The Plot by Bob Enyart. I've said many times that if you haven't read that book, you do not understand the bible, and I mean it. It's that good.

Click the link below and get a copy. You won't be sorry you did! If you decide you'd like to read it and can't afford it. Send me an instant message and I will buy it for you.

Clete

marke

Why do you make unfounded assumptions (that are almost entirely false, by the way), when the author of the book tells you who he wrote his letter to?

Listen marke, you seem like a pretty good guy who loves God and has good intentions and so I don't want you to take this too personally. I'm really not trying to insult you at all but the fact is that you simply do not understand the bible. You understand a rough sketch of it that you learned from your pastor who, chances are, also doesn't understand the bible.

Your doctrine is full of pagan heresies that aren't in the bible at all and you seem almost entirely ignorant of the major divisions of scripture (i.e. II Timothy 2:15) that are necessary to prevent important doctrinal errors.

I strongly urge you to read The Plot by Bob Enyart. I've said many times that if you haven't read that book, you do not understand the bible, and I mean it. It's that good.

Click the link below and get a copy. You won't be sorry you did! If you decide you'd like to read it and can't afford it. Send me an instant message and I will buy it for you.

Clete
I know there are many good Bible teachers out there being promoted by their followers, but I am convinced I must seek the Lord for wisdom, not human interpreters.

OZOS

I know there are many good Bible teachers out there being promoted by their followers, but I am convinced I must seek the Lord for wisdom, not human interpreters.
So far, that's not going very well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.