College Football 2017

drbrumley

Hush, Gator baiter. :eek: As I noted in my last, the Strength of Schedule has Alabama in the top 4. The FPI has them 1st. Vegas says only Oklahoma is favored over us on a neutral field. My trepidations aside, let the games begin. :D

Really, :rotfl:

Win your division if your so good, win your conference if your so good. Then we can talk.

Bottom line, they lost when it mattered.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I guess Conference championships don't mattter

Apparently not.

Apparently if you're a one loss team, without even winning your conference (or division) you get in over a two loss conference champion.

Happened last year, and now again this year.

drbrumley

Apparently not.

Apparently if you're a one loss team, without even winning your conference (or division) you get in over a two loss conference champion.

Just eliminate conference championships from the criteria

drbrumley

Apparently not.

Didn't agree with it last year either.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Didn't agree with it last year either.

Last year was worse.

They selected Ohio State over Penn State, even though Penn State beat Ohio State.

I wonder if Clemson will do to Alabama, what they did to Ohio State last year (beat them 31-0)......:think:

drbrumley

If you don't win your conference, you shouldn't play for a championship - Nick Saban 2007

Agreed Nick

drbrumley

HAHHAAHHAA Chris Fowler is saying this decision is refreshing because no politics were involved. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I guess Conference championships don't mattter
They shouldn't matter more than quality of play and competition.

Win your division if your so good, win your conference if your so good. Then we can talk.
Talk is all you get to do if you're a Gator fan this time of year.

There's no shame in losing to the team that beat the other number one team at full strength. There's little pride found in defeating a broken version of that team.

Alabama will end this season 0-2 against teams that can actually play college football.
They might end up with another loss. Clemson is a really special team. All they can ask for is the chance to compete. Florida used to know how to spell that word.

Bottom line, they lost when it mattered.
All evidence to the contrary. ;)

drbrumley

This isn't about the Gators you dolt.

Plain and simple, you guys couldn't win your own division, much less a championship...Alabama doesn't deserve it this year.

drbrumley

Things that don't matter:
1)Conference Championships
2) Strength of Schedule
3) Wins over top 10 teams

Things that do matter:
1) Victories over FCS Schools
2) Conference Affiliation

drbrumley

The year is 2033 and Bama has lost 6 games but they still get voted into the college football playoff

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This isn't about the Gators you dolt.
Right. :plain: Back to this at the end.

Plain and simple, you guys couldn't win your own division, much less a championship
You can't compete for a conference championship without winning your division, so beyond the division it's just an attempt to pile on an appearance. And within the division we had one loss to a team that beat then number one Georgia before winning against us, at home, with inarguably the worst Alabama performance of the year.

...Alabama doesn't deserve it this year.
Doesn't deserve to compete? Of course they do. The case was made and they're in. The FPI agrees. The SOR agrees. And the committee agreed. The rest is noise.

And your same arguments can be used for a 1 loss Wisconsin...:mock: Town
No, they can't (see: noted objective metrics).

The year is 2033 and Bama has lost 6 games but they still get voted into the college football playoff
Yeah, this isn't about your being on the losing end of a Bama rivalry. :thumb:

Good luck in the Rid-X Bowl.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yup. And at least we played for the conference championship.
No, WoZ, they can't be. I've noted two different, objective metrics that place Alabama in the top four teams. Alabama had one of its poorer performances in the home of a team that, at that point and in full compliment beat two of the best teams in the country. They lost the rematch to Georgia because we took out an indispensable part of their offense and Georgia took advantage.

At full strength I'd argue for Auburn over my guys. I'd have rather Ohio State made the cut, gotten my guys mad and seen the field next year with our defense back at full strength, but OS wasn't robbed. Neither was Wisconsin. No one was saying Alabama didn't belong before the Auburn loss, but a lot of people with something to gain are trying to make the case because of that loss and reading it without any larger perspective.

I guess this is the part of the program where I effectively point to the scoreboard. FPI, SOR, Committee.

That said, I'd love to see an 8 team field. Maybe the past two years will open the door for that.

drbrumley

Right. :plain: Back to this at the end.

Sure thing

You can't compete for a conference championship without winning your division, so beyond the division it's just an attempt to pile on an appearance. And within the division we had one loss to a team that beat then number one Georgia before winning against us, at home, with inarguably the worst Alabama performance of the year.

SO WHAT??????? You didn't win your conference. You had your opportunity....and you lost.

Doesn't deserve to compete? Of course they do. The case was made and they're in. The FPI agrees. The SOR agrees. And the committee agreed. The rest is noise.

It's all noise, even coming from you

No, they can't (see: noted objective metrics).

So I see, all this is about is statistics. Now I understand.

Yeah, this isn't about your being on the losing end of a Bama rivalry. :thumb:

Good luck in the Rid-X Bowl.

This is about being a fan of college football...not being on the losing end of the Bama rivalry. Your made up assumption clouding your judgement. I can guarantee you if this was Florida, I would be saying the SAME EXACT THING. Win your conference.