Scott Roeder is NOT a murderer 4 killing baby-killer

quip

BANNED
Banned
You're all WRONG . There are some situations where neither the baby or the woman will survive unless the doctors perform an emergency abortion .
But if the doctors perform the abortion, the woman WILL survive and
probably be able to have more children later . The fetus MUST be sacrificed to save a woman's life . This is the right thing to do ,
and the government has absolutely no right to decree that a woman must die because of a pregnancy gone wrong .

Well Horn, the state does have a compelling interest in the health of the mother as well. Though, its not the state's actions that interest me regarding this paticular situation. Rather, 9.9 out of ten pro-lifers would choose the evil of abortion rather than choose for the mother to die. That is, they only choose to kill the innocent, mewling baby when they see it fit to do so.

Interesting morally flexible dynamic in play here.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're all WRONG . There are some situations where neither the baby or the woman will survive unless the doctors perform an emergency abortion .
probably be able to have more children later . The fetus MUST be sacrificed to save a woman's life . This is the right thing to do ,
and the government has absolutely no right to decree that a woman must die because of a pregnancy gone wrong .

Rather than pretending like ALL abortions are done to save the mother's life, let's just focus on the most common reasons women abort:

http://womensissues.about.com/od/reproductiverights/a/AbortionReasons.htm

For some it's an inconceivable act, but for others abortion seems to be the only way out of an unplanned pregnancy and an impossible-to-negotiate future. According to the Guttmacher Institute, a handful of studies over the years have indicated consistently similar answers from women who identify why they've chosen to have an abortion. The top three reasons these women cite for not being able to continue their pregnancies and give birth are:

Negative impact on the mother's life

Financial instability

Relationship problems /unwillingness to be a single mother

lighthouse99

C-sections would not have worked . The women would not have survived delivery period . Sometimes the doctors have no choice but to perform an emergency abortion or a woman is a goner .
Sometimes abortion is absolutely necessary - get over it !

you are absolutely misinformed

pregnancy is a natural process

ending it is NOT

you don't go into a woman's womb with sharp instruments (or salt poisoning) and expect to only harm/kill the child. Women still die from abortion (it's just that the media doesn't want u to know that)

:luigi:

lighthouse99

obviously, i don't think so

i think that confronting evil is justified

like Roeder did

interesting: I watch true crime shows where people commit horrendous murders--stabbing someone to death, a spouse-- someone who was once a loved one (etc) and at the end of the show it says the person was convicted of 2nd degree murder!

yet Roeder who could be considered (at least by some of us) to have been defending helpless humans gets life in prison

no wonder our country is in disarray (to say the least)

common sense and true morality have gown out the window

stop feeding your brain Hollywood claptrap and maybe it won't be mushy anymore

:(

:shocked:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
so the french resistance wasn't justified in killing nazis?

if you had the opportunity to stop susan smith before she murdered her children, and the only way possible was by violent action, would you be justified?

were the police justified in shooting the terrorists in san bernadino? - isn't that repaying evil with evil?

You can attempt to parse it out if you choose but, I do not believe God has told any person that follows Him to plan out & kill sinners in His name. If that is the case Christians are no better than the radical jihadist, no? I understand your angle but, reject it on scriptural bounds...Jesus & Pauls words condemn this sort of action. God says vengeance belongs to Him, not to me and I accept that.

brewmama

This NEVER applies when the fetus is viable, as you claimed.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
obviously, i don't think so

i think that confronting evil is justified

like Roeder did

So, you believe that laying in wait, planning out, & committing murder makes Roeder righteous?, Good?, Moral? better than the one that is butchering that child in the womb? Reoder is no better, in fact his title is the same as the abortionist...murderer.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So, you believe that laying in wait, planning out, & committing murder makes Roeder righteous?, Good?, Moral? better than the one that is butchering that child in the womb? Reoder is no better, in fact his title is the same as the abortionist...murderer.

i don't believe that what Roeder did was murder - obviously the state disagrees, but I don't think God would

Roeder acted against an evil man to stop the continuing slaughter of innocents - I believe God will welcome him with "well done thou good and faithful servant"

What exactly is stopping you from killing an abortion provider? :idunno:

I think I can have more influence doing what I'm doing, working with young people, working in the field of medicine

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

What exactly is stopping you from killing an abortion provider? :idunno:

Anti-abortion/Prolife Activists are now seen as the equivalent as terrorist thanks to people such as Roeder and those who praise his actions.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Commandment #11 - Thou shalt be allowed to kill if only to openly proclaim one's extreme pious indignation, self-rightousness and sustained commitment to a self-directed, re-delineation of Commandment # 6.

ok doser

Commandment #11 - Thou shalt be allowed to kill if only to openly proclaim one's extreme pious indignation, self-rightousness and sustained commitment to a self-directed, re-delineation of Commandment # 6.

what do you think commandment six sez?

educate yourself:

Thou shalt not kill (LXX; οὐ φονεύσεις), You shall not murder (Hebrew לֹא תִּרְצָח lo tirṣaḥ) or You shall not kill (KJV), is a moral imperative included as one of the Ten Commandments in the Torah,[1] specifically Exodus 20:13 and Deuteronomy 5:17.

The imperative is against unlawful killing resulting in bloodguilt.[2] The Hebrew Bible contains numerous prohibitions against unlawful killing, but also allows for justified killing in the context of warfare, capital punishment, and self-defense.

killing a murderer who is actively involved in murdering is justified

see "cops shooting mooslims in san bernadino"

quip

BANNED
Banned
what do you think commandment six sez?

educate yourself:

Thou shalt not kill (LXX; οὐ φονεύσεις), You shall not murder (Hebrew לֹא תִּרְצָח lo tirṣaḥ) or You shall not kill (KJV), is a moral imperative included as one of the Ten Commandments in the Torah,[1] specifically Exodus 20:13 and Deuteronomy 5:17.

The imperative is against unlawful killing resulting in bloodguilt.[2] The Hebrew Bible contains numerous prohibitions against unlawful killing, but also allows for justified killing in the context of warfare, capital punishment, and self-defense.

killing a murderer who is actively involved in murdering is justified

see "cops shooting mooslims in san bernadino"

You just reiterated your new commandment....longhanded. :wave:

ok doser

You just reiterated your new commandment....longhanded. :wave:

do you understand this part?

The Hebrew Bible contains numerous prohibitions against unlawful killing, but also allows for justified killing in the context of warfare, capital punishment, and self-defense.

quip

BANNED
Banned

The Hebrew Bible contains numerous prohibitions against unlawful killing, but also allows for justified killing in the context of warfare, capital punishment, and self-defense.

Well, acording to Lon...I can't

..but, it seems no more than a discompassionate proviso for killing...a rationalization, if you will.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Anti-choice extremists can murder all the doctors they want, but this will never "end "abortion . Nothing will. Ever . These fools are deluding themselves .

WizardofOz

Which one provides justification for killing Tiller?