จับเสีอมือเปล่า

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Hah, this reminds me of high school.
"I think she likes you, man."
"Hey guys, I can hear you guys talking because I'm at a lunch table ten feet away, you can just ask if you want to know something."

I have a question! "Do you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain...?" :think:

1PeaceMaker

I have better ways to waste my time than to be badgered by pretentious clowns and their psychologizing idiocy.

Okay little solitary bee, off with you then! Fly away and have a nice one! Sorry you felt so badgered. :wave:

Don't freeze out there in the cold, dark night of selfishness.

Khunying

I have a question! "Do you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain...?" :think:
Don't like rain, but I'll drink just about any fruity alcohol I can get my hands on.

You ought to send me an email (drdoomswife-at-yahoo.com), because I am done with this place. I find the management substandard.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The title is "catch the tiger with bare hands," which means reaping a reward without doing any work.
A Democrat then. :plain:

I have many names amongst my friends,
And, having read through this once, I'd guess at least one or two more else. :D

...To give the long and short of my views as pertinent to this forum: I don't believe in god(s), karma, morality, government or justice. I also don't believe in 'free will',
Then using believe is a bit superfluous. :poly:

I am also not very interested in arguing with people about these because it's more or less pointless.
Okay, though it's harder to imagine what is worth arguing about given your context.

So I guess I am mainly here to lurk and throw out my two cents now and then, but I spent enough time in highschool
I was just thinking that you must have.

to know that debating with human beings is like trying to wrestle smoke...there's nothing to grab onto, because their opinions are just nebulous products of whatever they think they are 'supposed' to believe.
Realizing you can't help thinking that: horsefeathers.

A bit of biography, I used to be a nominal Buddhist until I realized that the only way you can 'eliminate the ego' is to commit suicide, and that reincarnation is nonsense.
In order: that's just your ego talking and maybe you always say that.

...After that I pretty much abandoned any pretense of morality or purpose in the world;
So why explain yourself?

I think the fight against nihilism is just sort of a pathetic twinge of human self-importance;
Now if we can only move you to feel similarly about narcissism.

as though we are anything more than a cosmic accident. Also, this doesn't bother me in the least, and I find it comical that it bothers some people.
Funny you should say that.

I find most things comical, most especially human suffering.
Ah. We don't get many sociopaths around here. You should be good for a hoot or two. :thumb:

Like the Hindus say, that's just god having a joke on you.
Since you don't believe in God though, well, supra. :e4e:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You ought to send me an email (drdoomswife-at-yahoo.com), because I am done with this place. I find the management substandard.

:(

So, like, does this mean we can no longer be friends?

:crackup:

elohiym

You ought to send me an email (drdoomswife-at-yahoo.com) ...

Trad ought not to send "drdoomswife" an email. You have made it clear that you are taken, so it is wrong for you tempt him to commit adultery, even in his heart. Do not be a harlot who tempts young men into sin. You will reap what you sow eventually, and it might take you years to recover, if you ever do.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Ah, I see you're a moderator and I can't ignore you. Well, if this combination of ignorance and condescension is what I can expect from the moderators around here I think you can keep your forum and go to Hell. I have better ways to waste my time than to be badgered by pretentious clowns and their psychologizing idiocy.

Anyone who isn't a twit and would like to talk to me in the future ought to send me a message in the near term.

On a more serious note: you can tell the moderators apart because their names are lit up in a dark purple color. Rusha is a relatively high level subscriber, which is why her name is brown. Mine is green because I paid the minimum amount required to subscribe. Blue means non-paying member. There's various other levels, but the ones to avoid are the purples. Knight is the owner and moderator of the site.

Khunying

Trad ought not to send "drdoomswife" an email. You have made it clear that you are taken,
I find your phrasing amusing. What I have is a big surly man I take a fancy to.
so it is wrong for you tempt him to commit adultery, even in his heart.
Aside from the eyeroll involved, I wasn't aware talking to people about Mises was under the heading of 'adultery'.
Do not be a harlot who tempts young men into sin.
But how would I pass the weekends?
You will reap what you sow eventually
Sin originally meant 'ritual impurity' and not some kind of moral failing, so this is a pretty silly warning to someone who doesn't buy your ritual magic.

Spitfire

Yeah! What would Spitfire think?* :p

*I'd like to point out that this all has been a very massive jest on my part.
Spitfire would still wonder why her name started being mentioned in this thread in the first place, even in light of that last part. :p