ECT Open Rebuke is Better...and needed, here

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
oh good Lord

you and bybee have your knickers in a twist because sozo called someone a mean name?

grow up

or if you can't stand the way the men here roll, get back in the kitchen where you belong

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
oh good Lord

you and bybee have your knickers in a twist because sozo called someone a mean name?

grow up

or if you can't stand the way the men here roll, get back in the kitchen where you belong

The use of the word was profane it was used as an expletive, i thought profanity was not ok here, or is it ok if just some people use it?

Go ahead though and talk total trash while preaching of God, see how many people listen.

bybee

oh good Lord

grow up

And you? You whoremonger running after a young woman whilst still married?

S0ZO

God, now please show me Christ or one of the apostles calling any individual woman a whore.

If you believe that is defensible you are just as bad as he was for saying that. There is nothing loving in it.

That is not truth smacking, its hate smacking.

The whore of Babylon (in this case babble on) seduces men into idolatry, to worship a false god.

That is what Calvinism does. It wasn't personal, but it is a fact.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The whore of Babylon (in this case babble on) seduces men into idolatry, to worship a false god.

That is what Calvinism does. It wasn't personal, but it is a fact.

Pretend you were saying something other than what you were saying. Go ahead and justify that before God.

You were wrong and hateful to say such a thing. I wouldnt know you from your love for others for sure.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
and if our neighbor acts contrary to God?

Whether they do or not never gives us the right to condemn them to hell.

We can warn them of hell, but not wish them hellfire.

We are to remain faithful to the gospel truth, pray for their repentance, and hope that God will extend His grace and convert them to belief in the holy righteousness of Jesus Christ.

This is how we obey the command to "love our enemies."

Lon

and if our neighbor acts contrary to God?
You can call another on his/her crud. That's not the problem. The problem is trying to judge. A judge is an impartial mediator or an executioner. When we are in the thick of things, we are accusers or the accused and should not be trying to judge as if we were impartial or given over the job from Our Lord and Savior. As Christians, we are supposed to be trying to get it right and more careful what we say to one getting it wrong. We are told to get it right. That's what the OP is saying. That's what Loving God, and Loving one another being just like the first, means. We have no excuse not to love, not even concerning our enemies. That's what the OP says. Whatever Paul said, he told us he was in tears over it. He didn't throw out FU's or Go to Hell's. He even said he would that he'd be condemned if it meant Jews could be saved. Thats incredible compassion. The kind we rarely see. We have wolf hunters here instead and they tend to shoot first, worry about who is dead later. It's a Marine motto: Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out.

We should be incredibly more careful. Guns and beer don't mix. If you are hunting, hunt and make sure of your shot. I have no room in my truck for a sloppy marksman who goes off at every moving bush. That wolf head might be on the shoulder of a man who got it. Wait for the right shot. When hunting, do not shoot first and ask questions later. It is always better to lose the shot and get it another day than to kill a sheep. We've lost a few on TOL. Knight and other mods have asked us to be very careful about this. I believe there is wisdom in that direction given to us.

Again, I'm not saying unchallenged, I'm saying if we are wolf-hunting, 1) that we should be sure it is our job because only our Lord God would be paying off for hides, and 2) that most or all of us should really be about shepherding and/or caring for the flock of God. Teach righteousness and wolves can only do so much (Acts 20:32). Paul didn't hire guns when he left the Ephesus. He told them to be alert and to commend themselves to scripture Acts 20:31&32

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
lon - we're on a discussion board on the internet responding to strangers

those "guns" that you think "kill"?

they're pop-guns

220px-Toy_popgun.jpg

Lon

lon - we're on a discussion board on the internet responding to strangers

those "guns" that you think "kill"?

they're pop-guns

220px-Toy_popgun.jpg
Might be. I agree to an extent but generally words can work and effect people. We have chased a few posters away. We can scare a wolf away shouting at it sometimes. I'm just using analogy otherwise. I wasn't meaning real guns. We don't literally use shepherds crooks either.

1 John 3:14 & 15 I guess if someone is quickly relegated to 'not a brother' but we are still called to bless and do not curse. The heaping coals isn't literal either, it is love and doing good to them. I sympathize to a degree, because Sozo is right, we must protect the fatherless and widow but I'm saying carefully, reservedly, reluctantly.