ECT Open Rebuke is Better...and needed, here

fzappa13

lon - we're on a discussion board on the internet responding to strangers

those "guns" that you think "kill"?

they're pop-guns

220px-Toy_popgun.jpg

You shall account for every idle word.

fzappa13

You can call another on his/her crud. That's not the problem. The problem is trying to judge. A judge is an impartial mediator or an executioner. When we are in the thick of things, we are accusers or the accused and should not be trying to judge as if we were impartial or given over the job from Our Lord and Savior. As Christians, we are supposed to be trying to get it right and more careful what we say to one getting it wrong. We are told to get it right. That's what the OP is saying. That's what Loving God, and Loving one another being just like the first, means. We have no excuse not to love, not even concerning our enemies. That's what the OP says. Whatever Paul said, he told us he was in tears over it. He didn't throw out FU's or Go to Hell's. He even said he would that he'd be condemned if it meant Jews could be saved. Thats incredible compassion. The kind we rarely see. We have wolf hunters here instead and they tend to shoot first, worry about who is dead later. It's a Marine motto: Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out.

We should be incredibly more careful. Guns and beer don't mix. If you are hunting, hunt and make sure of your shot. I have no room in my truck for a sloppy marksman who goes off at every moving bush. That wolf head might be on the shoulder of a man who got it. Wait for the right shot. When hunting, do not shoot first and ask questions later. It is always better to lose the shot and get it another day than to kill a sheep. We've lost a few on TOL. Knight and other mods have asked us to be very careful about this. I believe there is wisdom in that direction given to us.

Again, I'm not saying unchallenged, I'm saying if we are wolf-hunting, 1) that we should be sure it is our job because only our Lord God would be paying off for hides, and 2) that most or all of us should really be about shepherding and/or caring for the flock of God. Teach righteousness and wolves can only do so much (Acts 20:32). Paul didn't hire guns when he left the Ephesus. He told them to be alert and to commend themselves to scripture Acts 20:31&32

As I have suggested before, I think Jesus called us from spiritual childhood to spiritual puberty. We initially obeyed out of fear of the whip that saw us judging each other. He offered a new deal.

Judge yourself that ye be not judged.

glorydaz

:nono: I'm doing the rebuking here. It is a TOL sermon, much needed this Lord's Sunday.

I love ya, Lon, but your rebuking isn't any prettier than the other guy's. Rebuking isn't meant to be pretty or sweet. It's meant to make one stop and consider....if perhaps they are stuck like glue on something they should look at a little closer.

glorydaz

It was not rebuke . . It was condemnation.

Several sorry persons here, do not seem to realize the difference between rebuking with biblical correction, and hateful condemnation.

Well, Nang, if you preach the Gospel that saves instead of some other, you won't be condemned or accursed. If you preach a God who is UNJUST...one who picks and chooses who to save and who to die for....instead of a Righteous, Holy, and Loving God....you will be called out. If you preach that God gives us life BEFORE we believe, you will condemned for preaching a false Gospel. That's how it works. Like it or not.

glorydaz

As I read it he is not calling "rebuke" evil but, he is calling the "manner" of rebuking, used by some, to be problematic.
To call another Christian woman a "whore" is problematic for me.

He didn't mean she slept around. I think he was pretty clear he was using the term Biblically.

glorydaz

He is complaining about Sozo pointing out the truth, Lon telling people God predestined people to hell for his pleasure is evil and wicked. And you are defending it, so you clearly are evil and wicked.

Well....wrong isn't necessarily evil and wicked. :think:

Sometimes we defend people because we care about them, and feel sorry for them....even when we don't agree with what they have said or done.

For instance...I hate to see a child being spanked, even though I don't mind spanking them myself when they need it. :cigar:

glorydaz

And you are clearly a flaming hard hearted lunatic!
I am not wicked nor am I evil.
I am saved.
What in God's name has gone so wrong in you that you constantly spew venom on other Christians?

I think he is trying to get his point across. Around here that takes a lot of doing. ;)

glorydaz

The whore of Babylon (in this case babble on) seduces men into idolatry, to worship a false god.

That is what Calvinism does. It wasn't personal, but it is a fact.

If it's any consolation....I got it. Not only that...I like it. :thumb:

glorydaz

Whether they do or not never gives us the right to condemn them to hell.

We can warn them of hell, but not wish them hellfire.

We are to remain faithful to the gospel truth, pray for their repentance, and hope that God will extend His grace and convert them to belief in the holy righteousness of Jesus Christ.

This is how we obey the command to "love our enemies."

Ah, that sounds like you don't really think people are given life BEFORE they believe. Convert? How does that come about?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Well, Nang, if you preach the Gospel that saves instead of some other, you won't be condemned or accursed. If you preach a God who is UNJUST...one who picks and chooses who to save and who to die for....instead of a Righteous, Holy, and Loving God....you will be called out. If you preach that God gives us life BEFORE we believe, you will condemned for preaching a false Gospel. That's how it works. Like it or not.

I believe God chooses who will be saved and man has already chosen his fate. Christ laid down His life for His friends....yes even before He chose to make them friends.

God isn't going to save anyone He doesn't want to and you, Sozo, Nicky boy, uncle Tom Cobbler or anyone else will make Him.

If you guys had your way heaven will be as messed up as the world is now.

And the church is in a mess because of this stubborn wilful doctrine. Much as I respect you and normally agree with you. But if Nang is going to be abused for believing in Predestiny Election I will stand with her. I might not stand with her on double Predestiny.

glorydaz

You can call another on his/her crud. That's not the problem. The problem is trying to judge. A judge is an impartial mediator or an executioner. When we are in the thick of things, we are accusers or the accused and should not be trying to judge as if we were impartial or given over the job from Our Lord and Savior. As Christians, we are supposed to be trying to get it right and more careful what we say to one getting it wrong. We are told to get it right. That's what the OP is saying. That's what Loving God, and Loving one another being just like the first, means. We have no excuse not to love, not even concerning our enemies. That's what the OP says. Whatever Paul said, he told us he was in tears over it. He didn't throw out FU's or Go to Hell's. He even said he would that he'd be condemned if it meant Jews could be saved. Thats incredible compassion. The kind we rarely see. We have wolf hunters here instead and they tend to shoot first, worry about who is dead later. It's a Marine motto: Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out.

We should be incredibly more careful. Guns and beer don't mix. If you are hunting, hunt and make sure of your shot. I have no room in my truck for a sloppy marksman who goes off at every moving bush. That wolf head might be on the shoulder of a man who got it. Wait for the right shot. When hunting, do not shoot first and ask questions later. It is always better to lose the shot and get it another day than to kill a sheep. We've lost a few on TOL. Knight and other mods have asked us to be very careful about this. I believe there is wisdom in that direction given to us.

Again, I'm not saying unchallenged, I'm saying if we are wolf-hunting, 1) that we should be sure it is our job because only our Lord God would be paying off for hides, and 2) that most or all of us should really be about shepherding and/or caring for the flock of God. Teach righteousness and wolves can only do so much (Acts 20:32). Paul didn't hire guns when he left the Ephesus. He told them to be alert and to commend themselves to scripture Acts 20:31&32

Lon, what's this guns and beer stuff? I've seen nothing like that.

Now, I kinda remember some posts you've made about the Deity of Christ. You sounded like a red-neck ready to jump up and beat out some guy's brains. I thought it was kinda funny because usually you're very calm. I can see you got your feelings hurt, and having our salvation questioned can do that. But, you know where you stand, and so does the Lord. That's what matters.

I've come to understand you don't believe a lot of things that Nang does, and you aren't so set in your ways that you won't listen. I've always liked that about you. Perhaps....just perhaps....the Lord is nudging you in a slightly different direction. If you let this go, you may find that out. :idunno:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What in God's name has gone so wrong in you that you constantly spew venom on other Christians?

You are definitely warped if you think people are Christians that tell others God created them to send them to hell.

I notice you did not address that the first time I said it earlier.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well....wrong isn't necessarily evil and wicked. :think:

Just how many times do you think a person needs to be shown? Do you think Nang, Lon, AMR and others have aptitude problems?